This is my favourite go-to healthy egg salad sandwich recipe! A spin on a classic, but acne-friendly and great for overall healthy skin. Here are some tips that make it easy for me to whip up:
- Hard boil some eggs and keep them in the fridge, ready to go
- Keep a pack of sprouts on hand. I like broccoli sprouts for healthy skin & brain benefits but alfalfa are also delicious.
- Store a bag of sprouted bread like this Ezekial “Food for Life” whole grain sprouted bread. I keep a loaf in the freezer which is so handy for quick lunches.
- Another key here is to use a healthy mayo! I like avocado oil mayo. Avoid inflammatory canola oil and sunflower oil mayo as these could contribute to inflammation which is a big trigger for acne and skin issues.
I hope you love this healthy egg salad sandwich recipe as much as I do!
The Best Healthy Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
2 hard-boiled eggs
1/2 of an avocado
sprouts, I use alfalfa
1 heaping tsp avocado oil mayo
1/2 tsp mustard
salt and pepper
two slices of whole grain bread, I use Ezekial bread
- Toast your bread.
- Peel and mash your eggs with salt, pepper, the mayo and mustard.
- Spread a bit of mayo and mustard onto the pieces of bread and layer with smashed avocado, egg salad and sprouts. Perfection!
Looking for more healthy lunch recipes? Try these:
More tips for choosing a healthy lunch for clear skin:
- Enjoy half your plate with veggies – ideally various colours.
- Always add a handful of greens to your meals. Hide spinach in cooked dishes like eggs or pasta and add arugula to avocado toast or as a side salad.
- Eat enough clean protein with every meal to stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Add a healthy fat to nourish your hormones! I love avocados, olive oil and seeds.
- Choose organic when possible. Acne is often associated with a sluggish liver and pesticides can wreak havoc on our liver health. Check out your local farmers market, discount bulk shops like Costco or grow your own in a veggie plot!