This is the best power bowl! It’s my go-to for when I’m stuck for healthy work lunch recipes or when I want something nourishing but not overly complicated. These power bowls are packed with fibre-rich veggies, vitamins + minerals for glowing skin, your choice of protein for healing and repair, probiotics for your gut and so much more.
Let’s make this protein and greens power bowl…
Protein & Greens Power Bowl
A power bowl to make you glow.
- 5-6 large handfuls of baby kale or arugula
- 1/2 of a cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 of an avocado, cubed
- 4 organic free-range chicken sausages (I used Italian herbs flavour) or swap for vegan protein of your choice
- 4 tbsp refrigerated sauerkraut
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- for the dressing: 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp ACV, 2 tsp raw honey, fresh lemon juice, black pepper and sea salt
- Step 1 Arrange the greens and veggies in a bowl and top with the dressing. For the chicken sausages, we boil them for 10 mins first, chop and then sauté them in olive oil. Serve fresh! To pack for lunch, keep the avocado covered in lemon juice to stay fresh.
If you liked this recipe, try these!