This soba noodle salad is an all-time favourite of mine! It’s packed with fibre-rich buckwheat noodles and Vitamin-C rich veggies. It’s super easy to prepare and makes for the perfect lunch. I love it warmed up or served as leftovers for lunch!
Soba noodle salad is a super underrated dish – it’s packed with protein from the buckwheat flour and wheat flour noodles. It’s suitable for vegans or meat eaters, too, just add your favourite protein option (my favourite is organic tofu) before sautéing the veggies.
Try these other Asian-inspired recipes:
So, let’s make some soba noodle salad…!
Veggie Soba Noodle Salad
Protein-packed soba noodle salad.
- 1 pack buckwheat soba noodles, usually found in the international aisle
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- The juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp tamari
- a shake of chili pepper flakes
- 1 handful of cilantro
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Step 1 Cook the buckwheat noodles as per instructions. Drain and rinse the noodles and set aside.
- Step 2 In a pan with the coconut oil, saute the broccoli and bell pepper until lightly crisped. Mix this in with the noodles.
- Step 3 In a blender or in a cup with a fork, mix together the dressing ingredients with a splash of water and then pour on top of the noodles and veggies. Top with salt and pepper and cilantro and enjoy!