If I could pick a favourite flavour of muffin, it would have to be morning glory muffins, HANDS DOWN. I love that they include a little bit of everything (fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, etc.) and that they truly taste like heaven. This is a chai spiced version, but you can totally omit the spices if you would like! Chai is an incredible flavour enhancer, but it’s also loaded with nutrient-dense properties. The spices in a chai spice usually include spices like cinnamon, clove, ginger, black pepper, cardamom and star anise. These spices are naturally anti-inflammatory, making them the perfect addition to your diet for healthy skin, reducing the risk of disease and so much more. These spices are also wonderful for digestion and reducing bloat. Chai spices are loaded with Vitamin C, making them a perfect option for a little immunity boost!
These morning glory muffins are:
- loaded with flavour – simply super delicious.
- easy to make – try making this with the kiddies!
- packed with goodness like fibre, vitamin C and healthy fats for digestion, immune support and hormone health
- the best 3pm snack – I love it with some almond butter with a cup of chai tea!
If you’re looking for more muffin recipes, try these:
- Banana Oat Protein Muffins
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Dairy-Free Savoury Breakfast Muffins
So, let’s make some morning glory muffins!!
Chai-Spiced Morning Glory Muffins
A healthy take on a classic muffin recipe.
- 1.5 cup white or wholemeal spelt flour
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp chai spice mix or 1 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp nutmeg + 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large apple, grated
- 1 mashed banana or sub 1/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts or sliced almonds
- Step 1 Combine the ACV and the almond milk to make “buttermilk”.
- Step 2 Mix the dry ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients. Mix all together until no clumps are left.
- Step 3 Bake at 350F for ~30 mins and do the toothpick test to ensure they are fully cooked as every oven is different!