This post was sponsored by BC Tree Fruits and I have been compensated monetarily. Thank you for supporting companies that support The Pure Life.
This vegan apple bircher is the ultimate beauty food! I am super excited to team up with BC Tree Fruits because I am a huge fan of apples, especially locally-grown apples. They grow the most delicious Ambrosia apples, and it was nice to have a sweet variety after growing tart green apples in our backyard this Summer. Feel free to use any other apple variety in this recipe (BC Tree Fruits also grows Fuji, Granny Smith, Pink Lady and over 12 different varieties). Make sure to look for the BC Tree Fruits leaf to ensure premium quality when buying apples!
What is bircher?
When I think of Fall, I think of apples, cinnamon, grounding recipes like this beauty bircher, which is why I’ve been making it on repeat the past month. Bircher is a traditional muesli recipe that I enjoyed regularly growing up in Germany – it is essentially a mix of raw rolled oats, nuts and seeds, dried and fresh fruit mixed with yoghurt and/or milk. Bircher is usually set overnight in the fridge to create a creamy and easily-digested breakfast, especially great before a big hike or ‘wanderung’. I love eating bircher because it is a healthy and nourishing breakfast or snack.
This bircher recipe is:
- great for digestion & energizing
- made with crisp and sweet Ambrosia apples (my favourite apple variety, available all Fall/Winter)
- good for every day – nourish your family and kids with this recipe, too!
- made with a variety of nuts and seeds, which are great for hormone balancing and glowing skin
- the traditional take on “overnight oats”
I was raised on traditional bircher, being born in Germany, and am so excited to be back on the bircher train. I hope you love it, too! It’s a great easy breakfast option that the whole family will love.
Try making a few batches of this recipe for a quick & healthy breakfast!
Apple Beauty Bircher
A healthy and delicious bircher recipe.
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of mixed seeds of your choice: chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds
- 4 tbsp chopped mixed nuts of your choice: walnuts, macadamia, almonds, pecans or Brazil nuts
- 2 tbsp sugar-free dried fruit of your choice: dried mango, dried cranberries, raisins
- 2 tbsp. sprouted buckwheat, optional
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I use almond milk)
- 1/4 cup yoghurt of your choice (I use coconut yoghurt)
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- Step 1 In a jar or storage container, add the oats, cinnamon, seeds, nuts, dried fruit, buckwheat, milk, yoghurt and apple slices and mix well. Let this sit in the fridge overnight and then mix in another tbsp of yoghurt if you’d like! Enjoy your delicious bircher.