This Hormone Balancing Seedy Mix is a recipe from my Healthy Hormone Guide which is FREE to download when you sign up for The Pure Life newsletter (scroll to the bottom of this post to sign up!). It’s one of my favourite nifty hacks that I use daily. Keeping a jar of this seed mix recipe is so handy. This mix is packed with iron, zinc, amino acids, omega 3-fatty acids, minerals and so much goodness.
Before you make it, read this!
If available to you, opt for organic and locally sourced seeds. Pesticides are used on non-organic seeds to help support a longer shelf life. because of their high oil content, seeds absorb most of the pesticides that are sprayed on them! These chemicals can be carcinogenic and linked to disease – be mindful of your non-organic consumption when and where it is possible for you.
Many seeds are grown locally, close to you! Hemp, flax and pumpkin are all grown in countries like Canada, Germany and New Zealand. Avoid seeds from China if possible.
Here’s how you can use the DIY Seedy Mix:
- sprinkle it on your morning toast
- mix it into a half-empty jar of nut butter
- top it on your salad
- mix it into your porridge
Here’s how to make hormone balancing seedy mix
DIY Seedy Mix
A hormone balancing booster.
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (also known as linseed)
- 1/4 cup whole chia seeds
- 1/4 cup white sesame or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- Step 1 In a glass jar, combine the seeds and stir. Add 1-2 tbsp of this mix into your yogurt or smoothie for a boost. Try adding the whole jar to your half-empty peanut butter jar for easy, healthy spreading on toast!