This Hormone Balancing Seedy Mix is one of my favourite nifty hacks that I use daily. Keeping a jar of this seed mix recipe is so handy. This mix is packed with iron, zinc, amino acids, omega 3-fatty acids, minerals and so much goodness.
Before you make it, read this!
If available to you, opt for organic and locally sourced seeds. Pesticides are used on non-organic seeds to help support a longer shelf life. Because of their high oil content, seeds absorb most of the pesticides that are sprayed on them! These chemicals can be carcinogenic and linked to disease – be mindful of your non-organic consumption when and where it is possible for you.
Many seeds are grown locally, close to you! Hemp, flax and pumpkin are all grown in countries like Canada, Germany and New Zealand.
Here’s how you can use the DIY Seedy Mix:
- sprinkle it on your morning toast
- mix it into a half-empty jar of nut butter
- top it on your salad
- mix it into your porridge
Here’s how to make hormone balancing seedy mix
Seedy MixCourse: Staple RecipesDifficulty: Easy
A hormone balancing booster. Makes 1 small mason jar.
1 small mason jar
1/4 cup white sesame seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
optional, if using the mix for smoothies: 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (also known as linseed) and 1/4 cup chia seeds
- In a glass jar, combine the seeds and stir. Add 1-2 tbsp of this mix into your yogurt or on your salad. You can also add it to your smoothie for a boost.
- Store the seeds in your fridge to preserve freshness.
- Tip: try adding the whole jar to your half-empty peanut butter jar for easy, healthy spreading on toast!