Feeling stuck for quick + healthy lunch ideas? Try this lentil burrito bowl recipe ASAP – you are going to love it! Not only is this healthy lunch recipe packed with plant based protein, but it’s also got fibre-rich veggies, healthy fats and allll the goodness to make you feel beautiful & radiate health. It’s the perfect combination of fresh & comforting.
A Healthy Lunch Recipe
Make this for your work lunches this week, you won’t be disappointed! Whenever clients ask for healthy lunch recipe ideas, I always recommend a meal that is balanced with complex carbohydrates, clean protein and healthy fats to keep your energy and blood sugar stable throughout the day. And if you’re looking for more ideas, check out these easy and healthy lunch recipes:
How to Make a Lentil Burrito Bowl
Lentil Burrito Bowl
A fibre-rich and protein packed plant based lunch recipe.
- a few large handfuls of leafy greens, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful of chopped leek or onion
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can of brown lentils, rinsed
- 2 servings taco seasoning mix, I like the Simply Organic Foods brand
- a dash of smoked paprika, sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tomato, chopped into small cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into small cubes
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 handful roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- optional: a drizzle of tahini.
- Step 1 in a pan with the olive oil, sauté the leeks until fragrant and soft. Add the garlic, mushrooms, taco seasoning, PAPRIKA and the lentils and sauté for another few minutes.
- Step 2 In two bowls, divide the greens and lentil mix evenly.
- Step 3 In a small bowl, combine the tomato, bell pepper, lime and cilantro to make a “salsa”. Divide the salsa onto the two bowls and then add the avocado slices. Top with more salt and pepper and serve! I loooove some tahini drizzled on top but totally optional!
- Step 4 Store in a glass storage container if you’re saving it for lunch the next day – make sure to sprinkle some lime or lemon juice on the avocado so it doesn’t brown overnight.