You guys!! There is nothing better than a big bowl of warm porridge. Although I love my smoothies for breakfast, I can’t say no to a cozy bowl of cooked oats. On rainy days, making warm porridge is the most comforting thing in the world to me. So I present to you…PB & J porridge!
This PB & J Porridge:
- is exceptionally comforting and warming, especially on a cold Winter’s day!
- won’t make your blood sugar spike and will keep you energized throughout the morning
- is packed with nutrient-dense ingredients to help balance hormones, support healthy digestion and promote energy!
- is just plain old delicious – why argue with that?
Boost Your PB & J Porridge
Seeds, oats and nut butter all contain essential amino acids and are good sources of protein, but to up the protein content in this PB & J porridge, simply add a few tbsp of your favourite vegan protein powder (I like vanilla pea protein). This is a great idea for those who experience energy drops throughout the day or those who exercise before breakfast.
To make a healthier berry jam alternative, try my Chia Seed Jam recipe! It’s so easy to make and keeps for a while.
Don’t like warm porridge? Try this recipe as overnight oats! Simply mix together cold and leave in the fridge for a delicious on-the-go breaky the next day. Simple as that!
Curious about what to eat to clear your acne? Check out this blog post.
Want more breakfast recipes? Try these:
Recipe: PB & J Porridge (V, GF, RSF)
A comforting breakfast option packed with protein.
1/4 cup of rolled whole oats
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of plant milk (I like coconut)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp seeds (I like chia)
optional: 2 tbsp vegan vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp raw manuka honey or maple syrup
To top: unsweetened coconut yoghurt, sliced almonds, organic peanut butter and a handful of berries (fresh or frozen)
- Add the oats to a medium sized pot and give them a good rinse (this helps remove phytic acid for healthy digestion).
- Over medium heat, slowly cook the oats in the water, plant milk and cinnamon, stirring well. Once nice and cooked (about 5 minutes), add in the seeds and optional protein powder and sweetener.
- Top with a tbsp of each: coconut yoghurt, peanut butter and berries. Enjoy warm or take to work in a glass storage container!