It’s summer BBQ season for all my Canadian friends and I wanted to share a new favourite of mine – tempeh kebabs! Ali loves a good kebab and bok choy is his favourite vegetable, so we paired the two to make a light dinner on the BBQ.
I love these kebabs because they are:
- super easy to prepare – no stress or fancy cooking skills required.
- a wonderful plant-based option, just marinate and throw on the BBQ like you would meat!
- A fun Asian-style twist on classic BBQ recipes.
- Easy to use as leftovers in a salad bowl for work the next day.
You may also enjoy these recipes:
Peanut Tamari Tempeh Kebabs
These easy tempeh kebabs are the best on the BBQ!
1 block organic tempeh
1/4 cup tamari
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 shake chilli flakes
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
- Chop up the tempeh into cubes.
- In a shallow bowl, add the tamari, sesame oil, chilli flakes, coconut sugar and peanut butter and mix well. Add the tempeh and let it marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Chop up the bell peppers and add the peppers & tempeh cubes along the skewers, alternating colours. Pour some olive oil on top of the skewers and add them to the BBQ.
- The tempeh should cook about 5-6 minutes each side until thoroughly cooked. Serve the kebabs with a side salad and roasted potatoes for a complete meal.