If you’re anything like me and just craaaaave delicious comfort food full of flavour during your menstrual phase, then you need this Almond Banana Smoothie for Period Cramps, in your life.
This combination is especially great for your menstrual phase, because:
- the Vitamin E in almonds has been shown to support muscle cramps
- bananas are loaded with magnesium which supports period cramps and overall muscle relaxation
- quality cinnamon, such as true or Ceylon cinnamon, has been studied for its powerful effects on blood sugar stabilization
- ground flax helps to support hormone balance and block excess estrogen from the body, which could be linked to painful cramps
Not only is this smoothie amazing for period cramps (sip it daily!), but it also tastes amazing. Sweet, creamy and reminds me of a cinnamon roll. Hellloooo, yes, please! Let’s make it.
Other Recipes to Support Your Menstrual Phase:
- Red Lentil & Tomato Soup
- 15 Minute Kale & Tofu Curry Noodles
- Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- Persian-Style Cast Iron Omelette
- Mexican-Style Lentil Burrito Bowls
Almond Banana Smoothie for Period Cramps
A creamy sweet smoothie to help support the menstrual phase.
- 1 frozen banana
- 350ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp yoghurt, I like coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp true or ceylon cinnamon
- optional: 1-2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Step 1 Blend until creamy. Sip. Enjoy!