If you’re anything like me and just craaaaave delicious comfort food full of flavour during your menstrual phase, then you need this Almond Banana Smoothie for Period Cramps, in your life.
This combination is especially great for your menstrual phase, because:
- the Vitamin E in almonds has been shown to support muscle cramps
- bananas are loaded with magnesium which supports period cramps and overall muscle relaxation
- quality cinnamon, such as true or Ceylon cinnamon, has been studied for its powerful effects on blood sugar stabilization
- ground flax helps to support hormone balance and block excess estrogen from the body, which could be linked to painful cramps
Not only is this smoothie amazing for period cramps (sip it daily!), but it also tastes amazing. Sweet, creamy and reminds me of a cinnamon roll. Hellloooo, yes, please! Let’s make it.
Other Recipes to Support Your Menstrual Phase:
- Red Lentil & Tomato Soup
- 15 Minute Kale & Tofu Curry Noodles
- Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- Persian-Style Cast Iron Omelette
- Mexican-Style Lentil Burrito Bowls
Recipe: Almond Banana Smoothie for Period CrampsDifficulty: Easy
A creamy sweet smoothie to help support the menstrual phase.
1 frozen banana
350ml unsweetened non-dairy milk – I recommend almond or oat
2 tbsp plain yoghurt – I recommend coconut yoghurt
1 tsp almond butter
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 tsp “true” Ceylon cinnamon
optional: 1-2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Blend until creamy. Sip daily to help relieve menstrual cramps.
Love this recipe? Share it on Instagram!