Spring is here – are you ready? Nah, me neither. Let’s do this together team! Spring is known for a chance for all of us to set our clocks ahead 1 hour, enjoy a little more daylight and detox our bodies and minds. I love to concept of “spring cleaning” and think we can all benefit from it in one way or another. Here are a few tips that I love to help you get back on track!
1. Clean Your Room
Okay, I know this one is super basic but this is something that a lot of us put off for so long. Go through your clutter; donate and re-gift clothes you haven’t worn in the past 3 months and put your winter clothes away. I love keeping a box of Spring/Summer clothes under my bed so when it comes time to do a spring cleaning, I can just swap out the Fall/Winter clothes for the Spring/Summer ones, it’s like I have a whole new wardrobe! De-clutter, dust, pull out your bed and clean off your shelves (dust can build up over time which can cause allergies). A little reorganization can bring a sense of peace, clarity and grounding to your life.
2. Add Detoxing Foods
Incorporating detoxing foods into your diet can have wondrous effects and can contribute to healthy weight loss, help clear skin and make us feel lighter and energized!
I love adding foods like…
- Leafy green salads with fresh veggies (cucumber, tomatoes, red peppers,
- Raw Zucchini pasta with homemade pesto and fresh basil (Recipe Here)
- Big smoothies with bananas, frozen berries, seasonal fruit
- Whole grains (complex carbs) like quinoa, wild rice with tahini and miso paste
- Sprinkling lemon or lime juice on anything and everything for extra vitamin C and to boost digestion
- Herbal detox teas (I love this brand) and Yerba Mate or good-quality organic Green tea instead of coffee
- Adding superfoods to my smoothies like nettle leaf, maca powder, acai berry powder, chia and hemp seeds
- Soaked or organic canned beans and lentils
- Incorporating fresh herbs when possible
- Fermented foods like sauerkraut, miso, kombucha
- Choosing breads like rye bread, spelt or sourdough
3. Get Rid of Negativity
4. Spend Time Outdoors
5. Keep a Journal