This Anti-Inflammatory Burrito Breakfast Bowl will be your new favourite staple. Packed with over 15g of protein, this bowl will keep your blood sugar levels stable throughout the day to avoid those “hangry” moments and energy crashes. Packed with healthy fats to nourish your hormones, cilantro to support detoxification and tons of fibre for gut health.
This Burrito Breakfast Bowl will be your new favourite staple recipe.
One of the best tips I give to clients is to increase the amount of vegetables on their plate. Starting your day with a nourishing, savoury breakfast can help reduce sugar cravings throughout the day and balance blood sugar to avoid breakouts.
Anti-Inflammatory Burrito Breakfast Bowl
1/4 cup chickpeas
1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
spices: paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper
2 organic free range eggs
1 large handful arugula
1/2 an avocado
1 handful finely chopped cilantro
2 tbsp sugar-free salsa (fresh is best)
- In a heated pan, add olive oil, cherry tomatoes and the chickpeas with the spices. Sauté for a few minutes, ideally until the tomatoes are “blistered”. Add to a plate.
- Whisk your eggs and scramble in the same pan.
- In a bowl, add the arugula, chickpeas, tomatoes, scrambled eggs, avocado. Top with cilantro and salsa.
- Top with sea salt and black pepper. Enjoy!
- To make this recipe vegan, omit the eggs and swap with tofu or increase chickpeas to 3/4 cup.
If you like this recipe, you might want to try these other favourites:
If you follow me on Instagram or TikTok, you’ll be able to see more healthy recipes just like this one!