These cookies have slowly become a staple in my nighttime baking. I love that they’re made with wholesome ingredients, like you could actually eat these for breakfast! I know how easy it is to create irrational fear around certain foods while fighting acne, so I want to break that idea by showing you how easy it is to make delicious food that your body (and taste buds) will love.
Is Sugar Bad for Acne?
Too much of the wrong kind of sugar (think white, processed and refined sugar) can be awful for our overall health. Spiked blood sugar levels can contribute to excess sebum production which can trigger those jawline breakouts and deep, cystic zits we all know well.
I love this recipe because it uses natural sugar like maple syrup to sweeten. These cookies are the perfect amount of sweetness to satisfy your cravings while also fueling your body.
Are Sesame Seeds Good for Healthy Skin?
I love tahini and sesame seeds – I seriously sprinkle it on everything. Sesame seeds are a wonderful hormone balancing and acne fighting food as they are packed with minerals needed for healthy skin. You can easily substitute the tahini for almond butter or sunflower seed butter!
This recipe was inspired by Kale Junkie’s Life Changing Tahini Cookies.
If you’re looking for more acne-safe baking ideas, try these:
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Fig, Orange and Cacao Bars
- Gluten Free Zucchini Brownies
- Salted Caramel Slices
- Pumpkin Spice “Donut Holes”
- Chai-Spiced Morning Glory Muffins
Chewy Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan, GF, RSF)Cuisine: BakingDifficulty: 1 Bowl
Delicious tahini oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
3/4 cup almond flour
1 cup whole rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup tahini, almond butter or sunflower seed butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp ground flax seeds
1/4 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips
pinch of sea salt flakes
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, oats, flax seeds and baking soda.
- Add the tahini, vanilla, coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix together until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Let the mixture set in the fridge for about 20 minutes while the oven heats to 325F.
- Form into small tbsp-sized cookies and lay them on a lined baking tray.
Bake for 11 mins. Remove from the oven and let them cool for at least 20 minutes – this is important!
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days. Enjoy :)