This nutty banana bread is super easy to make and insanely delicious! I was inspired by the old recipe for my Sugar-Free Banana Loaf and whipped up this walnut and almond- infused banana bread. The loaf is packed with so much goodness – I included lots of healthy fats and protein-rich foods to help stabilize blood sugar levels. Try having a slice with some peanut butter on top for an afternoon snack or with your morning tea. I used pretty simple ingredients for this recipe to make it easy + healthy for everyone (except if you have a nut allergy, please don’t make this recipe, haha!). Let’s get baking!
Sisley’s Nutty Banana Bread Recipe
Before we get baking, let’s check out some of my other favourite recipes below:
- Chai Spiced Morning Glory Muffins
- Gluten-Free Zucchini Brownies
- Banana Oat Protein Muffins
- GF Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Note: I initially added 1/4 cup of coconut sugar to the batch, but I thought it was much too sweet. If you want, feel free to add that in for extra sweetness!
Nutty Banana Bread
A comforting, healthier banana bread recipe.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 small/medium sized ripe spotty bananas
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Step 2 In a bowl, combine the almond flour with the cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Step 3 In a seperate bowl, mash the bananas and then add them into the flour mixture. Whisk the eggs and add them, too, with the melted coconut oil. Fold in the walnuts
- Step 4 Pour into a lined loaf tin (with baking paper) and bake for about 50-60 mins. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before slicing. Enjoy fresh or store in the fridge for up to one week!